Healthy Apple Streusel Egg Muffins
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast food, packed with protein? Well look no further. This little muffins are delicious and healthy. The recipe is from one of my favourite cook books called Practical Paleo. Check our Diane Sanfilippo’s website Balanced Bites which boasts tons of great paleo resources and recipes. Check out the original recipe here.
Apple Streusel Egg Muffins
by Diane Sanfilippo
YIELD 12 Muffins
ACTIVE TIME 15-20min
TOTAL TIME 60 mins
- 5 to 6 Empire Apples chopped into 1″ pieces
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter of coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat over to 350
- FIn a medium skillet, saute the apples, water and 1 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon until the apples are the consistency of chunky applesauce. Allow the mixture to cool before combining with the egg mixture.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, butter, coconut milk, coconut four, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, baking soda and salt until well combined. Add the cooled apples, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Spoon egg and apple mixture into lined muffin tins- 1/4 cup each. Gently spoon about one tsp of the remaning apple mixture onto the top or each muffin.
- Bake for 40 mins.