Healthy Eating Ginger Lime Coleslaw
As a Naturopathic Doctor in Guelph, I am constantly talking to my patients about healthy eating habits. The most common concern that arises is time! Work, meetings, emails, families, where is the time to cook?
Eating healthy can be quick and easy, you just need to find the right recipes for the whole family to enjoy. My family loves Healthy Fish Tacos and I wanted a simply slaw to go with it. I came across this delightful salad that’s perfect for summer. This light healthy slaw is a great side for a BBQ or can be added as a side or a fixing in your next taco night. It’s packed with flavour and sure to impress.
Short on time? You can buy cabbage pre-cut in bags in the produce section which makes this salad quick, easy, delicious and healthy. All my favourite things!!
YIELD: 6-8 Servings TIME: 15 Min (remember to let it chill for at least 10 min before serving)
HEALTHY EATING GINGER LIME COLESLAW[jcolumns]
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 cloves pressed garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix cabbage, carrots, onions and cilantro into large mixing bowl
- Combine lime juice, oil, ginger, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper (optional) into a small bowl and whisk
- Toss the cabbage mixture with the dressing.
- Refrigerate salad 10 minutes before serving.