Quick , Easy, Healthy Almond Baked Chicken
This is one of my favourite weeknight recipes. It’s from a great cook book called “Delicious Detox” by a Naturopath named Carol Morley. It’s gluten free, dairy, soy, corn and sugar free. It’s simple to make and you can whip it together on a rushed Wednesday night for the whole family. The chicken and almonds pack a ton of protein and any left overs taste fantastic on a salad for tomorrows lunch. I hope you enjoy this addition to your weekly dinners as much as my family does!
YIELD 2 servings
ACTIVE TIME 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 C. Combine the almonds, oregano, basil, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Gently pat the chicken on each side with the almond mixture and place in shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and bake for 12‐15 minutes or until cooked through.