Pregnancy Care in Guelph
You peed on the stick and it was positive! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I’m so excited for you and your family as you transition into this new journey of life. Naturopathic Medicine during pregnancy can be a great addition to your OB or midwifery care. My goal is to help you feel confident and supported during your 9 months of pregnancy so that you can have the vibrant and healthy pregnancy you’ve always dreamed of.
Did you notice that as soon as that stick was positive, it instantly felt like everything had changed? You automatically went to Google to figure out next steps, but were you overwhelmed by the conflicting information? Thats where I come in. I’ll help you to navigate the pregnancy journey so you can feel empowered and confident in your decisions and choices surrounding the health of you and your little one. Naturopathic Pregnancy Care is divided into visits during each trimester.
1st Trimester Naturopathic Pregnancy Care:
- This visit occurs during weeks 5-12
- We’ll answer all those burning questions you keep asking Google around food, nutrition and exercise:
- What’s the best diet?
- Can I drink coffee?
- What foods shouldn’t I eat?
- Can I exercise? What type of exercise is best?
- We’ll also make a plan if some of the ‘joys’ of pregnancy pop up for you such as:
- Fatigue and Exhaustion
- Headaches/ Migraines
- Yeast Infections
- Colds and Flus
- During this visit we’ll also discuss core foundational supplements to help support a healthy and happy pregnancy. Believe me, the better we can make mama feel, the better pregnancy can feel!
2nd Trimester Naturopathic Pregnancy Care:
- This visit occurs during weeks 13-26
- By this time, most women will notice their energy starts to return and the their nausea starts to subside. However, you might start to experience:
- Heart Burn
- Restless Legs
- Anxiety or Stress
- Acupuncture can be a great support during pregnancy, especially when your ability to take over the counter medications diminishes. Acupuncture can help to support some of these concerns.
- We’ll touch on any additional supplementation to help you cope with some of these new concerns or this stage of pregnancy
3rd Trimester Naturopathic Pregnancy Care:
- This visit occurs during weeks 30-40
- You’re on the home stretch and the anticipation is starting to build.
- During this visit we’ll go over:
- What to do just before your Group B Strep Swab
- What you need to pack in your hospital bag to support healing and recovery
- My top 5 products to help with postpartum healing (Your vagina will thank you)
- Key Supplements to continue taking during Post-Partum Care
- Optional Labour prep acupuncture
Additionally, sometimes there are other concerns that occur during this final stretch of pregnancy. Breech presentation and going over due are two common issues that can arise. There are great acupuncture protocols and homeopathic remedies that can aid in getting baby ready to exit.